Banksia Cottage is spacious enough to accommodate a family or small group, but still cosy enough to snuggle into. A colony of wallabies lives nearby — they’re shy but lovely if you’re lucky enough to see them.
Banksia Cottage has a lovely northern aspect, with rare Blue Mountains plants in the surrounding bush.
Banksia has a wood fire in the living area, flued gas heating in the downstairs bedroom, a lovely loft style upper bedroom and a very special ‘feel’. Banksia sleeps up to 7 (max. 5 adults), in two queen beds, two singles (double bunk) and a fold-down sofa bed in the lounge-room.
Like all Bunjaree Cottages, Banksia is built for the Blue Mountains environment, is earth-walled and well insulated, with the natural colour offset with blues and greens on the internal walls. Banksia is particularly charming and many visitors return — again and again.
AND, Banksia Cottage now has access to the ‘Kids’ Cottage’ – the world’s most wonderful cubby! The Kids’ Cottage has been specially built for our young guests but is room sized, and has cathedral ceilings so that adults can enjoy it as well. Toys, games, kid’s size furniture all provided. The most magical place!
Need more info? Click here for frequently asked questions
(Banksia is a ‘sister cottage’ to Waratah Cottage, with the same layout, and slightly different inclusions. If Banksia is not available for the dates you want, check the Waratah page)
- Sleeps up to 7 in 5 beds (max 6 adults).
- Downstairs bedroom with queen bed
- Upstairs bedroom with double bed and double bunk (sleeping up to 4)
- High quality sofa bed in living room (queen)
- Cot available on request
- Downstairs bathroom and separate toilet
- Living and dining areas downstairs, kitchen with gas stove and oven
- Verandah and outside eating area
- TV, DVD and CD player. Board games. Books and a selection of 1950s and 1960s magazines
- Quality linen
- Gas barbeque
Please check the availability of Banksia Cottage on the calendar. Once you’ve chosen your dates you can BOOK BANKSIA COTTAGE.